Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Introduction Of My Flock

I would like to introduce you to my flock.
Let us start with our main event when people come over to see the chickens. Meet Tuffy our mille fleur cochin,  While we were staying in Georgia a friend of ours gave me eggs of assorted breeds for incubation. We boxed them up and flew home to Colorado, placed them in my incubator and Tuffy was the only one to hatch (hence the name). 

 

next up is Mrs. Tuffy. Mr. and Mrs. Tuffy now live together in their humble home,
Helen Keller and the twins board with them. 


Grace Kelly is the daughter of Mr and Mrs. Tuffy, she is now living in the silkie's coop.
 
Helen Keller is my brave blind chicken, it is difficult for her to get around though you never hear her complain, she enjoys her days soaking up the sun. She is faithful to contribute her large white eggs.
 
The twins moved out from under their mother's wing, and now live with Mr. and Mrs. Tuffy to cut down on living expenses.
 
 
The big pen is where the majority of the standard breed chickens live,
 it includes a room full of

perches, laying area, and a large fence.

 

The Silkie Pen is where we keep our silkies and a small assortment of breeds.

 
 
I hope you enjoyed this introduction of my flock.
Drop by next week to see what's clucking at the pioneer farm.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment